Tuesday, January 09, 2007

UHU Twist and Glue/altered frame.

To review the UHU Twist and Glue I made a small altered wooden frame.
Let me list the products used first: wooden frame-Provo Craft, paint-Making Memories everything else- Stampin' Up!: paper-Simply Scrappin kit Just Delightful, ink-Stazon Black, SU White Craft pad,SU markers- Pretty In Pink, Pixie Pink, Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, stamps-SU Polka Dots and Paisleys.
I used the Twist and Glue to adhere the paper to the front and outside edges. I used the twist up large applicator to apply the glue to the paper then applied it to the frame. I then used a credit card to smooth any bubbles out. Once the glue was dry (it took about 10 minutes to be sure) I sanded away any left over edges and then used the white craft ink to cover up any wood. I then painted the inside of the frame with pink paint. The frame comes with a cardboard insert and I used that to measure a piece of white paper. On that paper I stamped the images and then glues that paper to the cardboard insert. I did that to ensure the inside would be sturdy. It worked and looks very nice! I really like the Twist and Glue. For a "wet" glue it doesn't get soggy. It gives nice coverage and I would highly recommend it to anyone!

No comments: