Saturday, March 01, 2008

Hi again! Questions, cakes, cats and cards!

I am a terrible blogger, aren't I? I made a promise to myself that I would blog at least once a week.. well, that didn't work out now did it? lol I am actually wondering if I switch to a pay site if it would "remind" me to blog.. Does anyone have any tips on how they keep up with things like this? Let me know!!
Cakes.. I am so excited! I signed up for the Wilton 1 class.. I know the basics of cake design from the "Wedding Cake Era". Mom made wedding cakes for everyone she knew when I was little. I can recall sitting at the kitchen table (on her lap!) while she made the little roses out of sugar frosting. Then they would set and I would help put them on the cakes! I still know how to do the things we used to do even after 20 years but I am dying to learn how to do the gorgeous fondant cakes I see out there. I figured I may as well begin at the beginning, right?! My first class is this Tuesday so I will let you know how it goes!
Cats.. Mishka was terribly sick a few weeks ago.. I loaded him and Mom into the Toyota and away we went to the Pet ER on a Sunday (are you seeing dollar signs yet? At the time all I saw was a sick kitty but now.. well, now the $$ signs are lining up! lol) Turns out he had a Lower Tract Infection. I had to give him 4 days of antibiotics then load them back up a week later and do a re-check. I get there to find a surprised vet.. Why am I there so soon? Well, because YOU gave me 4 days of meds and made an appt. for a re-check in 1 week.. What? It was a mistake? So now I need to pay more for more meds (have you ever tried to give a cat a pill? Ouch!) and come back in fourTEEN days... gotcha.. what? Oh no.. no problem at all.. The cat just LOVES to go for a ride (NOT). So, Monday I need to re-load my cat, my disabled Mom and my check book (re-check is free but I am sure he will come up with something that will cost me!) and drive 30 minutes away... again... Thank God for Mom! It isn't easy for her to g out but she does so she can try to keep the cat in the back seat and out from under my feet (and the brake!) If you are of the praying persuasion could you keep Mishka in your daily prayers? He seems find but at 8 he isn't a toddler anymore.. He acts like an old man! lol
Cards.. I haven't had a chance to sit down and do anything lately! I managed to do the circle journal for my Creative Escape group and 2 cards for a SU Occasions mini swap. I used the sets One Smart Cookie and Time For You. I will post the cards later on.. Now I need to get to an ATM machine.. central CT got between 5-9 inches of snow last night and our "guys" are here to shovel the walks.. I am broke so I need to run get them some $$.. Vets and shovelers.. 2 people I am happy to pay for! lol
Have great day all!

No comments: